Young Nature Explorers: Preschool Program TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS (Surrey, BC)
May 4 @ 9:30 am - June 24 @ 11:30 am PDT| $300
Nurture the awe & wonder of your young child in nature!
We are passionate about supporting young children’s discovery of the awe and wonder of the natural world, deepening their love and knowledge of their place, and helping them to be more confident outdoors.
Who: Our preschool program is designed for young children ages 3-5 (toilet trained). There are only 12 spaces available. They will be exploring nature in our organic garden, forest and wetland in a fun and interactive way together, led by very experienced teachers. Our lead teacher Ruth Des Cotes has almost 30 years of Early Childhood Education experience.
- Holistic nature based learning through sensory experiences
- Build connection to land, culture, community and place
- Play integral to well-being and learning
- Tending to the seasonal rhythms in the Kids’ Garden – weeding, preparing, planting, watering and tasting!
- Discover the wonder of the wetland & forest – diverse plant and animals species
When: Tuesdays & Thursdays 9.30am-11.30am for 8 weeks (May 4 – June 24)*
*Please take note that a minimum of six participants must be signed up so that the program can be run effectively.
Where & Things to Bring: All programming will take place at A Rocha Brooksdale: 1620 192 St, Surrey, BC V3Z 9V2. Kids need to come dressed to be outside the whole time (muddy buddy/boots and hats). Bring a snack and water bottle.
Why: Learning in nature has many proven benefits. Just learning about nature can help kids feel more connected to it, which can help foster pro-environmental attitudes and behaviours that will carry them through life.
- Activates the whole sensory system
- Boost to self-discipline
- Boost memory
- Calmer, Quieter, Safer Places for Learning
- Deeper connections to nature, self and others
- Fitter & healthier
- Improves mental health / better attention
- Leads to better social skills
- More Autonomy & Creativity
- Preserves eyesight
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Teaches responsibility
9.30am- Gather & welcome
9.30-10.15am – Nature Exploration
10.15-10.30am – Snack and toilet break
10.30-11.30am – Nature Exploration
11.30am – Home sweet home
*Parents are welcomed to stay for their first visit.
How to Register:
- Sign up and make payment through Eventbrite.
- Download and complete the A ROCHA Registration Form and Parent Information & Agreement
- Return forms at least 7 days prior to the start date. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Your registration is NOT considered complete until we have received the registration form containing medical information and waiver.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS: If the program is cancelled due to Covid-19 provincial health requirements, all A Rocha fees will be fully refunded. We are doing everything we can to carefully follow safety protocols so your child has a great experience!
Families withdrawing with more than one week’s notice before the start of the Young Nature Explorers Preschool Program will be refunded the registration minus the Eventbrite administration fee. There will be no refund once the program has started.
Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to seeing your child/children at our Young Nature Explorers Preschool Program! Don’t forget to also check out our Pro D Programs and Summer Day Camps for your older kids!
Financial assistance available. Contact us for more information.