Volunteer Day (Boreal Ecology Centre) – Quadrats
May 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0
- WHO: You! We’re looking for willing volunteers with a keen understanding of maps and measurement.
- WHAT: Graham (Conservation Science Coordinator) along with a group of volunteers will be spending the day setting up monitoring sites, called quadrats, in various places around The Boreal Ecology Centre property.
- WHERE: The Boreal Ecology Centre, 81025 Boggy River Rd., East Braintree, MB
- WHEN: Saturday, May 28, arriving between 9 and 10 AM, departing between 3 and 5 PM
- WHY: See Graham’s recent blog post about quadrats – it’s a great explanation of the importance of quadrats.
- WHAT TO BRING:
- Essentials: bag lunch (snacks, waterbottle etc.), work boots and gloves, bug spray and sunscreen, binoculars
- Optional (bring it to share if you have it): GPS, compass, tape measure, mallet, coloured markers and pencils, tree corer, any relevant plant/animal ID books
- We are also looking for donations of rebar and cedar stakes – if you have these items and are willing to part with them, email Graham.
- RSVP: Fill out the form below to register. Due to the detailed nature of this project, we’re looking for up to 5 volunteers. If you have any questions, don’t’ hesitate to get in touch!
Volunteer Days fill up fast, so please RSVP to make sure you get a spot!