Explore Outdoors Wednesdays: Fall 2021 After-School Program (Surrey, BC)
September 15 @ 3:30 pm - November 24 @ 5:00 pm PDT| $395
Explore the outdoors after school this fall!
We are passionate about supporting children’s discovery of the awe and wonder of the natural world, deepening their love and knowledge of their place, and helping them to be more confident outdoors. Many studies have shown that spending time in nature has numerous positive emotional, mental, psychological and social benefits, especially on children. According to this article from Psychology Today, some of these benefits are:
- Nature has rejuvenating effects on attention
- Nature relieves stress
- Contact with nature (and animals) boosts self-discipline
- Student motivation, enjoyment, and engagement are better in natural settings
- Time outdoors is tied to higher levels of physical activity and fitness
- Nature may boost learning by providing a more supportive context for learning
- Vegetated settings tend to provide calmer, quieter, safer contexts for learning
- Natural settings seem to foster warmer, more cooperative relations
Who: Our after school program is designed for children from Grades K-7. There are only 12 spaces available. The group will be split into two smaller groups to engage in outdoor learning, team building, leadership and fun together.
What: A deeper exploration of our local ecosystems: wetland, forest, river and garden and farm.
When: After school from 3:30 – 5pm on Wednesdays, for 11 weeks in Fall (Sept 15 – Nov 24)
*Please take note that a minimum of six participants must be signed up so that the program can be run effectively.
Where: All programming will take place at A Rocha Brooksdale: 1620 192 St, Surrey, BC V3Z 9V2. The kids will explore our farm, river, wetland and forest habitats here at Brooksdale.
Why: Kids will have a fully outdoor, fun and safe opportunity to make friends in a small group with very experienced teachers/leaders. Some learning outcomes include:
- Building confidence and comfort in the outdoors
- Making friends and discovering nature together
- Cultivating curiosity and wonder in nature
- Deepening appreciation of indigenous knowledge
- Sharing joy and excitement through fun and adventure
- Deepening connections to nature, self and others
How to Register:
- Sign up and make payment through Eventbrite.
- Download and complete the Registration Form and Parent Information & Agreement (Note: You don’t have to submit the forms if your child has attended one of our 2021 Summer Day Camps. )
- Return forms at least 7 days prior to the day you registered for. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Your registration is NOT considered complete until we have received the registration form containing medical information and waiver.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS: If the program is cancelled due to Covid-19 provincial health requirements, all fees will be fully refunded to affected families.
Families withdrawing with more than one week’s notice before the start of the After-school program will be refunded the registration minus the Eventbrite administration fee. There will be no refund once the program has started.
Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to seeing your child/children at our After-School Program! Don’t forget to also check out our Pro-D Day programs, coming soon!
Please fill out the Day Camp Registration Form Package and return it to email@example.com
Financial assistance available. Contact us for more information.