Explore Outdoors: Spring 2021 After-School Program; WEDNESDAYS (Surrey, BC)
April 7 @ 3:30 pm - June 23 @ 5:00 pm PDT| $430
Explore the outdoors after school this spring!
We are passionate about supporting children’s discovery of the awe and wonder of the natural world, deepening their love and knowledge of their place, and helping them to be more confident outdoors.
Who: Our after school program is designed for children from Grades K-7. There are only 12 spaces available. They will be split into two smaller groups to engage in outdoor learning, team building, leadership and fun together.
- Team building and leadership
- Amphibian pond surveys
- Native tree and plant identification
- Planting seeds and seedlings
- Making a forest feast with wild edibles
- Baking flatbread in our cob oven
When: After school from 3:30PM – 5:00PM for 12 weeks (April 7 – June 23)*
*Please take note that a minimum of six participants must be signed up for each day so that the program can be run effectively. We may be in touch with you to switch days if the day has too small a cohort.
Where: All programming will take place at A Rocha Brooksdale: 1620 192 St, Surrey, BC V3Z 9V2. The kids will explore our farm, river, wetland and forest habitats here at Brooksdale.
Why: Kids will have a fully outdoor, fun and safe opportunity to make friends in a small group with very experienced teachers/leaders. Some learning outcomes include:
- Leadership and teamwork
- Confidence and comfort in the outdoors
- Curiosity and wonder in nature
- Deepen appreciation of indigenous knowledge
- Joy and excitement through fun and adventure
- Deeper connections to nature, self and others
How to Register:
- Sign up and make payment through Eventbrite.
- Download and complete the A ROCHA Registration Form and Parent Information & Agreement (Note: You don’t have to submit the forms if your child has attended one of our 2020 Summer Day Camps. )
- Return forms at least 7 days prior to the day you registered for. Please email them to email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Your registration is NOT considered complete until we have received the registration form containing medical information and waiver.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS: If the program is cancelled due to Covid-19 provincial health requirements, all A Rocha fees will be fully refunded. We are doing everything we can to carefully follow safety protocols so your child has a great experience!
Families withdrawing with more than one week’s notice before the start of the After-school program will be refunded the registration minus the Eventbrite administration fee. There will be no refund once the program has started.
Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to seeing your child/children at our After-School Program! Don’t forget to also check out our Spring 2021 Explore Outdoors Pro D Programs, Spring break day camp and Summer day camps!
Please fill out the Day Camp Registration Form Package and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial assistance available. Contact us for more information.