A Rocha is drawing people from diverse backgrounds and faith experiences to come together to care for the natural world in Northern BC. Some of our activities have included
- Organizing nature walks, bible studies, prayer time and fellowship with a group of Christians who are working in some form of creation care (from removing invasive weeds to practicing sustainable agriculture).
- Coordinating Mountain View Community Garden in partnership with Houston Christian Reformed Church.
- Supporting and equipping local environmental initiatives like:
- HOPE Society (Healthy Options for People and the Earth) a local environmental group
- Composting education program in partnership with HOPE and the Regional District Bulkley-Nechako
- Pleasant Valley Community Market in partnership with HOPE
- Clean up of Buck Creek and the Upper Bulkley River in partnership with the Houston & District Chamber of Commerce, The Royal Bank Blue Water initiative and Pitch-In Canada.